Structure Of Diet
DIET provides residential facility to both Pre-service and In-service trainees. Each DIET comprises the following seven academic branches or Wings.
- Work Experience Branch (WE)
- Pre Service Teacher Education Branch (PSTE)
- District Resource Unit (DRU)
- In-service Programmes, Field interaction and Innovation Co-ordination Branch (IFIC)
- Curriculum, Material Development and Evaluation Branch (CMDE)
- Educational Technology Branch (ET)
- Planning and Management Branch (P & M)
FUNCTIONS OF DIET
A DIET has three main functions
- Training (Pre service and In-service)
- Resource support
- Action Research
- Offering in-service and pre-service education
- Developing district specific academic curricular materials
- Providing resource support to SSA training programmes
- Providing resource support to alternative schooling (AIE / EGS)
- Encouraging innovation and experiments in the field of education
- Initiating collaborative Action Researches and district level Research Projects to address the quality concerns
- Improving the quality of Laboratory Schools by adopting and providing academic interventions
- Sustaining quality of elementary education in the district level by organizing district specific programmes under centrally sponsored plans
- Organising School Adolescence Education Programme (SAEP) for the students of classes IX and XI for Life Skill Development in collaboration with NACO and TANSACS and UNICEF
- Conducting the population education programme for NCERT
- Organising activities initiated by RIE, Mysore, RIESI, Bangalore, NCERT, NUEPA, etc.
- Organising EDUSAT programmes for educational purposes
- Preparing audio and video packages for effective classroom transaction
- Inculcating the value of dignity of labour and work culture among teachers.
About Diet Beerwah Budgam
DIET BEERWAH BUDGAM
DIET is the most significant educational intervention in the country, while the NCERT came up in the 1960’s and the state councils of education research and training came up in 1970’s.
“The mission of the DIETs is to provide academic and resource support to the grass root level for the success of the various strategies and programme being undertaken in the areas of elementary & adult education.
“The Aim of Education is the knowledge not of facts but of values.”
In the heart of dedicated professionals is the belief that the primary goal of education is student achievement.